TITHING WORKS!!! Jamie and I are strong believers in tithing and have always made it a priority;as a result, we have seen many blessings because of it. I have to admit that recently we have been learning a lot
about finances. I love Dave Ramsey's book "Total
Money Make-over." Before we read his book and became "gazelle intense" about managing our money--instead of it managing us--we
couldn't have told you where our money was going within $100. We didn't have a budget or any idea of one. We spent money like it was
going out of style, and funny, we never ran out because we always had our handy-dandy credit card(s). That has since changed. We realized we
were being REALLY stupid and irresponsible and that banks don't like to lend irresponsible people money for a house. (I didn't say they don't--I just said they don't like it.)
Yesterday I was working with our budget trying to sqeeze a little more mula for our car repair. After I got things worked out to get the car fixed, I decided to go ahead and project for next year. Before Jamie got his new job here in Utah, we put our student loans in deferment (yet another blessing that we could do that) so that we could survive
the move and unemployment. Well in January they start up again, and they happen to be our biggest expense besides rent. Jamie and I have
both been pretty concerned about how things were going to work. As I was going through the first couple of months, I realized that, in spite of the new chunk of outflow, everything was balancing. No, Jamie didn't get a raise and no, we are not going back to credit cards. Somehow the Lord is making what we have work so that our
"barns be filled with plenty (Proverbs 3:10)." It's amazing to me that in being good stewards of our money (not that we are perfect by
any means--just better than we used to be), we can see the Lord's blessings for us! I love tithing!
about finances. I love Dave Ramsey's book "Total
Money Make-over." Before we read his book and became "gazelle intense" about managing our money--instead of it managing us--we
couldn't have told you where our money was going within $100. We didn't have a budget or any idea of one. We spent money like it was
going out of style, and funny, we never ran out because we always had our handy-dandy credit card(s). That has since changed. We realized we
were being REALLY stupid and irresponsible and that banks don't like to lend irresponsible people money for a house. (I didn't say they don't--I just said they don't like it.)
Yesterday I was working with our budget trying to sqeeze a little more mula for our car repair. After I got things worked out to get the car fixed, I decided to go ahead and project for next year. Before Jamie got his new job here in Utah, we put our student loans in deferment (yet another blessing that we could do that) so that we could survive
the move and unemployment. Well in January they start up again, and they happen to be our biggest expense besides rent. Jamie and I have
both been pretty concerned about how things were going to work. As I was going through the first couple of months, I realized that, in spite of the new chunk of outflow, everything was balancing. No, Jamie didn't get a raise and no, we are not going back to credit cards. Somehow the Lord is making what we have work so that our
"barns be filled with plenty (Proverbs 3:10)." It's amazing to me that in being good stewards of our money (not that we are perfect by
any means--just better than we used to be), we can see the Lord's blessings for us! I love tithing!



2 comments:
that's the way it works. glad you learned it so early. we're still working on it....
That's so awesome. Thanks for sharing your testimony.
Post a Comment