Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DISNEYLAND!!

After Jamie officially graduated, we headed to Disneyland. I have never been there so I was ALMOST as excited as the kids. We met up with Grandma and Grandpa Childers on Sunday night and spent until Thursday morning enjoying every bit of the happiest place on earth!

So Excited!!!
Both Spencer and Ryan got to train to be Jedis. As you can tell they are both ecstatic (yes that's Spencer's ecstatic look. as well as his happy, content, pensive, and slightly miffed look...)

Jedi Training!

Certified Jedi Knights

Spencer and the Disney Train

The kids all wanted to meet the characters. It was so fun to watch them interact with them. Caleb even liked Mickey.




One of the kids' favorite things of the entire trip was the water garden at "A Bug's Life." The water squirts out of the ground and giant sprinklers in little "snakes." The kids played in the water for about 2 hours.


Emily got a little chilled by the end.

Caleb LOVED it! I would have to say this was his favorite thing.

California Screamin'--yes I screamed. It was a lot of fun and a bit crazy. Jamie promised the boys 10 bucks if they rode it. Spencer wisely declined and stayed firmly planted on the ground with Dad and Grampa. Ryan was definitely motivated by the dough, but by the end of the ride I wondered if he was going to be able to ride anything else for the rest of the day--he was pretty green. A while later he said it was fun and he would probably do it again, in a few years...
Cute Caleb spent a bit of time in his stroller, but I think for the most part he enjoyed being there.
Ryan's very favorite thing was Grizzly Rapids with Grandpa. They went on it probably 5 or 6 times. It was perfect weather, not too hot, but just right and warm enough to dry off before we got to other rides.
On Wednesday, Grandma and Grandpa took the kids back to the hotel for some swimming and dinner while Jamie and I stayed at the park. Best. Date. Ever! We had so much fun; we went on some rides and had dinner at a cute french cafe. I loved being at the park with the kids because they were so excited and it's fun to be a part of their zest, but being there with just Jamie and me was fun and something I won't forget.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: