I laid mine out like a taco bar because I wanted my kids to have control over how much of a single item they took.
It worked wonderfully!! I certainly don't claim to be a food photographer, but believe me when I say this was SOOOO yummy--tastes better than my picture looks :) I have never liked hummus. I've had the store-bought kind several times, but I disliked it so much that I thought it was out for me forever. Enter cannellini beans (white kidney beans) and lime juice with roasted garlic (I passed on the cilantro). CREAMY and a very well-rounded flavor. I'm converted! Of course for those who know me, I like to try new foods and enjoy something a little different so that's not saying too much. The true test: My bean-hater LOVED IT! *shhh, don't tell him it has beans in it--he won't eat it anymore!*
I also made the creamy feta she has as part of the greek dip. It was really good for my kids that like feta; Jamie and Ryan didn't care for it. I think it was too strong of a flavor for them. I only used 1 jalepeno and it was just spicy enough to be good and not over-powering. I also used up our goat cheese I bought for something else (that didn't work out, but I can't remember what it was). I just threw it in in place of some of the feta. It was creamier than I think the regular dip would have been, but it had a great flavor.
This one is a total SCORE!! and we will be having it again. We'll probably just do gyros with all of the stuff, the pita chips weren't really a hit. Now to find the meat...off to Pinterest to find a recipe.




No comments:
Post a Comment