Monday, December 7, 2009

Caleb's Blessing and Thanksgiving

On the 22 of November we blessed our little Caleb Dallin Childers. What a wonderful day! We had a lot of family and friends there celebrating with us. It was extra fun, and busy, because Ryan had a talk in Primary, I got to teach Gospel Doctrine and then the baby blessing. Everything went beautifully. Ryan really loves to give talks and did a great job. It was fun to have my family there for my lesson--there wasn't even any heckling ;) they made great comments and really added to the lesson. After church we had a lunch at the clubhouse here in our complex. It was so much fun to visit with everyone and just spend time together.

Jamie's brother, Christopher, and his family as well as Jamie's parents come for the blessing and for Thanksgiving this year. They rented a house in Draper--I can't wait until I have a place big enough where people can come stay--that was beautiful and plenty of room to enjoy being together, without being on top of each other. I really enjoyed cooking on Wed and Thurs with Mom and Jen. I think that is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving. I love to cook and it is even more fun when I get to do it with great people. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and Uncle Christopher. We took pics with our video camera and now I don't know how to upload them from the tape--when I get it figured out I'll post them.


1 comment:

Jen Childers said...

It was definitely a wonderful week! Can't wait to see your pics:)