The Ugly: (I realize I am going backwards, but I always like good news last because that's what my brain remembers best) This morning we met with Dr. Morales and found out that Ryan's hard palate repair that we had done by Dr. Hsu in Oregon was not good AND has to be completely redone. yay. I am so mad at Dr. Hsu because she didn't do her job right and now my son has to suffer because of it.
The Bad: Instead of scheduling our very last surgery today like we thought we were going in for, instead, we have to go see Dr. Yamishuro (cleft orthodontist) to expand Ryan's upper jaw BEFORE we can do the surgery. GREAT. Ryan saw Dr. Morales 4 months ago--it sure would have been nice to know that then. Now we have to wait 8ish months to do his last surgery. I am so frustrated! Not only do we have to wait for the surgery much longer than we were planning, but the expansion will make Dr. Hsu's mistake even worse, and now the surgery itself is going to be much harder on Ryan because we will be doing a hard palate repair AND a bone graft. ARRRRGGG!
The GOOD! On the other hand, Spencer is doing AWESOME!!!! We are so pleased. His bone graft repair looks good and he has healed wonderfully. He is pretty much done with cleft stuff! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Now all we have to do is braces and yearly follow-ups with Dr. Morales to make sure that his upper jaw is growing properly and that everything is on the up and up.
How is it possible to have such opposite emotions at the same time? I am so angry about Dr. Hsu's incompetence and so pleased that Spencer is doing so well. aaaaaah I think I need to go lay down.



2 comments:
Just think - in 12 years or so they will have left for their missions and then you can quit worrying. Right? Oops - maybe not.
Wow. I'm so sorry guys...that totally stinks. Good thing Ryan is such a trooper. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything for you. Yeah for Spencer!
Post a Comment