I can't believe he's 8! Where did the time go? It seems like just last week I was holding him counting fingers and toes.

and gets to be baptized.
His birthday happened to be on Scout day so he got to go to his very first Cub Scout activity on his birthday. He was a little nervous before he went. When he got there he saw the den leader and felt a little better, but fears were completely forgotten when he saw the hammer and nails. After the flag ceremony they spent the afternoon just hammering. I can't imagine many other things that can keep a group of 8 year olds occupied like hammering.
For Spencer's birthday we took him rock climbing. It was a 28' wall and it made my feet tingle just looking at it. Not Spencer though, he just got hooked up and took off.
After rock climbing we went to the gym and played some basketball.
Getting a little tired after 45 minutes of rock climbing and then another 30 of basketball. Where does he get all that energy?
All week was a celebration with family in town. On Saturday we had a family party where he did some more celebrating.
Grandma and Grandpa Childers got him decked out for Scouts.
I took some random pics of Spencer's favorite things:
Gymnastics,
Nerd,
Watching hot air balloons,
Chillin' with his besties,
Hiking with the fam,
Baseball. We were driving to Eureka and didn't have anything to play with for our stop, so the kids improvised (those are snowballs).
He is an amazing boy with many talents. I am so grateful for him!


.jpg)































1 comment:
So much fun, although half of the pictures didn't come up on my computer! I am excited for him.
Post a Comment