Saturday, February 19, 2011

PURDUE!!!

This last fall, I dropped the news on Amanda that I wanted to pursue a PhD in Accounting. She, bless her heart, forgave me and now allows me to sleep in our room again. After the initial shock wore off, I began the application process, which turned out to be much more enjoyable than a root canal (at least now that it's over - the recovery seems a bit easier on this end).
Throughout this whole experience of waiting to find out if I've been accepted anywhere, I've realized that the mail does not come any quicker when you check the mailbox 7 times a day, however, the exercise is well worth it.
This week, I received an email stating that Purdue was sending me a package. Hoping that it was not a brick to tie to my leg when I throw myself off a bridge, we waiting very patiently (FedEx doesn't come any quicker, either, even if you chase their trucks around town).
Eventually, we received the package and it was an ACCEPTANCE LETTER with a GENEROUS fellowship (scholarship). I think we'll go to Purdue...even if I had to find Indiana on the map.
I'm sure Amanda will have some to add to this at a later date.

No comments: