Saturday, June 7, 2008

Two Gentlemen and a Damsel in Distress


In the interest of keeping everyone up to date, we decided to create this blog. Both Amanda and I will update it as regularly as possible.

Emily is definitely 2 years old. Just last week, she started opening doors all by herself. Last Saturday, Amanda and I were watching a movie and Emily came down at around 8:30, pleased as pie with herself for coming out, and not shy about telling us so. Amanda picked her and and took her back to her room, with Emily screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" all the way up the stairs. Amanda came back, we settled back into our movie, and I happened to glance behind the couch 5 minutes later. There Emily was, quiet as a mouse (I guess she learned not to announce her presence). Needless to say, after a week of this, we made a $4 investment in some child-proof door covers. It's been quite pleasant ever since.



Spencer continues to improve in his eyesight. He's been keeping his patch on all day without much complaining. We've decided to bribe him with 20 minutes of video games at night. It's worked wonders - whatever motivates! He also is learning a lot about interpersonal communication. The kids were all at the table being a little rowdy. Spencer had done something particularly offensive and received a scolding. He walked back over to the table, turned to Emily and said "Emily, stop teaching me bad things!" Sure blame the 2 year old...of course, I don't think he was too far off...



Ryan's mouth is almost fully recovered from his surgery. The stitches in his mouth have dissolved and he is back to almost a full diet. We're still not letting him have things like popcorn and tortilla chips, but other than that he's eating crackers and other things with no problem.



The weather in Eugene continues to be...well...what would be a good word? BLECH. It's been in the 50's mostly lately. Yeah, it's June, but what do you do? I'm sure the sun'll come out, tomorrow...or next month. It did hit over 90 a couple weeks ago. I was dying, Amanda loved it. I wouldn't mind about 75ish. The kids loved playing outside in the water.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

I love the tub as a pool idea! Way to be creative!