Normally I don't complain about the weather. I love the rain and I love a nice sunny day. But when the weather goes from 60 degrees all the way up to...

...let me check the official
weather.com temperature right now...just pulling it up...hmm, that looks like an interesting news article:
Levee Breach Caused by Muskrats...no, no, focus now...WOW! Not only is it 96 degrees, but it
feels like 96 degrees!

No wonder my shoes are melting. That's an increase of over 150% in the last three weeks! If we keep this up, we'll be...let me figure it out...
really hot by the middle of July and...and
even hotter by August!

How are we battling the heat? First of all, we all need to remember to drink plenty of liquids:

And, seeing how we live in Eugene and there's really not often a need for A/C in our homes, we're piling the kids up in the Van and exploring the immediate area (of course, for $4 a gallon, it might be cheaper just to take a bath in ice cream). We'll end up at the fish hatchery up the river...it should be nice and cool up there. And maybe, just maybe, because it is Eugene, we may have rain in the forecast:
3 comments:
These must be Jamie's "Jabs" because I can't imagine Amanda wanting it to be cooler...:) I would love to have a heat wave in Eureka. Even 70 would be nice.
Don't move to Vegas, our average temp right now is 110. I would give anything to be below 100:)
96 sounds good to me! We've been over 100 here in Texas for something like 22 days now. By the way, I LOVE that graphic of the weather forecast! I may have to copy that on my blog... ;0)
Post a Comment