Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Jamie and I got to celebrate our 7th Anniversary this weekend.  My parents were so kind to take our kids Friday and Saturday and we got to go play.  Friday night we went to see Twilight.  I know that there are a lot of people who absolutely LOVED it and will go see it again and again.  Frankly, we giggled through the whole thing because it was so cheesy.  It seemed like a low-budget film done by a youth group.  I love the story, and of course the book is always better, but I thought this was just Napolean Dynamite--without the dynamite.  We had fun together laughing about it.  Saturday was fun; we made breakfast together then went downtown and went window shopping, to the new library (well, new to me as I hadn't been there yet) and to The Garden for dinner.  The Garden is such a nice, classy restaurant.  It is absolutely beautiful inside--light and airy like an atrium--with a gorgeous view of the temple.  It was very nice.  After dinner we took an evening stroll through downtown.  I love downtown Salt Lake; it is rich in history, has beautiful buildings and there is a ton to do and see.  What a wonderful weekend to just be a couple and escape from mom and dad responsibilities for a little while.

1 comment:

Amber Draper said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad it was such a great day!