Monday, November 24, 2008

I Love Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is coming, Thanksgiving is coming!  I have to say that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it is completely about being with family and enjoying each other.  Don't get me wrong, Christmas is fun with all of the presents, but I love the simplicity of Thanksgiving.  Some of my greatest memories are Thanksgiving memories.  Growing up, I would spend a lot of time on Wednesday with my mom making pies or rolls.  Then on Thursday I would get to help with the potatoes and set the table with all of the best china.  One of my best memories is learning to make gravy from my Grandma Cloward.  She is the one who taught me how to make "lumpless" gravy.  I loved the family time preparing the meal created.  This year I am in charge of the rolls, and I am excited to pass those traditions on with my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Childers makes better gravy. I think we should have a gravy-ff and see. I vote to be judge.