Thursday, March 19, 2009

Announcements


This is what Jamie saw in our van about a month ago.  He was talking to his mom on the phone and I told him I had something for him, but that he should probably get off the phone before he looked for it.  He didn't heed my warning.  When he saw it he very abruptly ended his conversation.  (He didn't call her back for a couple hours because as we were celebrating, Ryan hit Spencer with the business end of the seatbelt and we had to go to the ER.  At that point I think we asked ourselves what were we thinking?)

Shortly thereafter, we had Dave "announce" in a Kiwanis board meeting a little riddle to Dad Childers, while my mom got her riddle in her cake for St. Patricks Day.  It's fun and we are really excited!  We are due in October and hope to find out what flavor we are having in a couple of months; sugar and spice or snips and snails.  The majority vote is sugar and spice, but we'll take healthy and nice!

10 comments:

Marilee said...

Congratulations! What fantastic news! We are so excited for you. Make sure to keep us updated!!

Amber Draper said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I've always loved the 26th of October... If you're around, I'll be in Utah the very end of May/beginning of June and I'd love to see you. It'll just be Austin and me - Brian is staying behind to study for and take his first round of board exams...

Coley said...

Congratulations! Jen is due in October too.

Jes said...

the rattle you show in the picture is STILL one of Ava's favorite toys! :)

Leslie said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations!!!! Amanda, I need your phone number...I lost it again. :) I also forgot your blog address so I was grateful for the resend. I sure love ya!!!!

Jamie, Amanda, and Kids said...

Anonymous--send me a note on the e-mail so I can know who you are! Thanks everyone for your excitement for us!

Brandon said...

Congrats, hope all goes well and our prayers are with you, what great news.

Jen H said...

Yay! Yay! and Yay! I am glad to have another crazy set of friends who like to have a loud and crazy house where only three noisemakers are not enough!!

Congratulations!!!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I vote for sugar and spice since I never got any but whatever flavor, it is a blessing.