Wednesday, Jess' birthday, was spent with her while she was in labor with her first baby.
5 minutes apart
Ava Ann was finally delivered on July 4th at 4:28 am, weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz. Her tons of black hair was tipped with red, it was so cute.
Mama and Baby
For the Fourth, we got up (insanely) early and took off for the balloons. The kids loved seeing one of the balloons land, then we staked out our place for the parade. It was partly cloudy for most of the morning so we didn't cook and got to really enjoy the parade.
Early morning balloons
Monica was trying to take a picture of Conner with a couple of his cousins, so I told Ryan to smile like he was having fun. His emphatic reply, "I am NOT having fun!!" was coupled with a very Ryan-esk pout. The ladies next to us thought it was hilarious.
The kids loved the floats and the big character balloons. I especially liked the fly-over by the Blue Angels (too bad I couldn't get a picture of it).
Emily and George before the parade
Sunscreen in every nook and crack.
After playing in the water for part of the afternoon and helping Gramma in the yard, we headed off to the fireworks that night. Sadly, neither of the boys really liked them, they were too loud, but Emily and I were enthralled.
I'll help you Gramma
Gramma did Emily's hair. "Ooohhh, cuuupe" she says.
There's a hole in your bucket dear Spencer
Saturday was a day I'll not likely forget for a long time. Conner's birthday party was a free-for-all grand waterfight. It was great!
Duelin' Grandpas
"Up. Right. No, Nich, Right Right!!"
Better run!
The Hunter
The Prey, "Kalen, you don't love your mother!"
Nobody's safe
Sunday was Jamie's birthday so we had cake and played Settlers--it was fun for us, but I imagine Jamie was a little lonely as he was still in Eugene.
Really, you don't say
Monday we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa Beardall's where the kids, again, played in the water for most of the day. It was great to get to spend so much time with them.
Rock on Baby!
Tuesday we went to the Dinosaur Museum--how could we leave that out--for the birthday celebration.
Check out our tattoos
Wednesday we spent time with family and friends.
We love Grandpa Barnes!
Welcome to Earth.
We had a wonderful time playing with all of our family and friends and look forward to seeing them more often in the near future.



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great trip with your family, hopefully Jamie did not get too bored by himself.
What a fun filled trip! Thanks for sharing all the great photos.
Post a Comment