Sunday, July 13, 2008

Me and My Big Mouth

So, we don't smoke, and frankly with all of the research on it's "side effects," I think it's not smart. In an effort to encourage my children to not smoke I have told them that smoking is dumb. Last week as we were driving home from Utah, we stopped in Ontario so I could change around car seats and such. My friendly boys were sitting on a bench and struck up a conversation with a lady close by. I was watching and listening from about 15 feet away, when I noticed that she had lit up. I don't like my kids to be around secondhand smoke, but before I could go move them, I hear my sweet Spencer ask what she has in her hand. She tells him it's a cigarette and he asks why it's on fire. I didn't hear her answer, I don't know if she gave one, but the next thing I hear is, "Smoking is DUMB!" I think at that point she chose to ignore them, but the damage had been done--my prejudice against smoking had very soundly come back to bite me right in the fanny.

1 comment:

rachel said...

You go Girl! Smoking IS dumb and no one can fault the innocence and honesty of children.
Hope you had a fun trip.